Monday, February 28, 2011

Still Stuck On Stoopid, Part Trois

I bought a new shampoo during my most recent re-supply run, a two-in-one combination shampoo/conditioner.  I recently discovered the benefits of using a conditioner in this ultra-dry climate of ours, the main bennie being conditioner keeps my hair from standing straight up after my well-meaning barberess takes waaay too damned much off the top, despite my repeated instructions to "leave it longish on top, please."  But we digress and we're supposed to be talking about shampoo.  I noticed my hair just doesn't seem as clean since buying that new stuff and, further, it takes a lot of shampoo to produce what passes for lather.  And I like a LOT o' lather.

So... there I was... standing in the shower today, getting ready to wash my hair when I look closely at the label on my new shampoo only to find it's NOT a two-in-one product, it's just conditioner.  Period.  Full stop.  No damned wonder this stuff doesn't lather up like my previous brand and no damned wonder my hair doesn't feel as clean as it used to.

I amaze myself sometimes.  I'm beginning to think I really need a maid.  Or a minder.

8 comments:

  1. Been there, done that, but man thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I'll bet it's nice and soft!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oof, you need a nurse!

    Jess kidding...

    Interestingly, I saw in wikipedia where "shampoo" comes from India.

    Being from the projects, we jess use a bar of soap for all corners of the body. If you leave enough soap in your hair, it will stand-up like dippity-dew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh.

    On a serious note - those combo shampoos/conditioners really aren't all that great Buck. It's worth the extra shower-time to get them separately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thick blonde/gray/dyed hair requires conditioner. I normally buy them separate, but I buy the 2 in 1 when going on a trip so that I don't have to carry so many bottles. Personally, I like the stuff. Hotels tend to give you shampoo, but not always conditioner. What I really hate is when I spray Toby's Right Guard on my hair rather than my hair spray. It really does not hold the hair in place worth a darn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon: This sorta thing is becoming much more frequent of late. Scary.

    Moogie: Soft, yes. And sorta oily, too. ;-)

    Shower: Yeah, a nurse! I'm thinkin' that would be just perfect. I was gonna give ya a link but NONE of the images that came up when I did an image search on "sexy older nurse" were PG-13. They were sorta entertaining, tho.

    Kris: Thanks for the tip. I'm kinda slow in that space outside of basic soap and water. ;-)

    Lou: What? Right Guard doesn't come in a "maximum hold" formula? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure Toby hates it when he sprays my hair spray in his arm pits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. RE: Nurse

    Hey, I hear Qaddafi's nurse is available!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.