Sunday, February 06, 2011

It's STILL Winter

Let me up... I've had enough!  Here's our radar picture as we speak type:


The radar shows significant precip in the form of rain all around P-Ville.  The radar lies.


This shot was taken out of my window about five minutes ago.  The temperature is egg-zactly 32 degrees at Cannon Airplane Patch and you clearly can see the snow coming down in the pic above.  I'm glad I'm stocked up on all things that matter and don't have to go out today, mainly coz The Green Hornet HATES snow and isn't afraid to exhibit her displeasure at being driven in it.  She's a spiteful sorta bitch when it comes to that.

―:☺:―


Just in case you live under a rock or haven't tuned your teevee to a news channel on this fine wintry day... today is the centennial of Ronald Reagan's birth.  I'll not deliver any paens to the The Great Communicator or otherwise attempt to wax poetic about the man who was the greatest president of my lifetime.  I'll only offer this: I'll be forever grateful to President Reagan for ONE thing - the man was pretty much responsible for my conversion from juvenile moonbat to a reasonable facsimile of a thinking adult.  I owe him Big Time for that.

8 comments:

  1. He was definitely a great man, liked him. Now the current and last ones? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No comment on Reagan.
    But the weather... well I do have a few choice words for it.
    And I share your pain.

    Word Verification: frfect

    No it ain't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reagan was the architect of the American bankruptcy.

    It was David Stockman who wrote "The Education of David Stockman" while still at OMB. Later writing "The Triumph of Politics: Why the Reagan Revolution Failed".

    Clinton finally saw the light, and beat the Republicans at their own game, by generating surpluses. Bush came in and said "Surpluses are YOUR money" and he wanted to give it back. I wrote everyone I knew back then and said "Don't spend a billion printing refund checks, put the surpluses against the debt!"

    Alas, we borrowed for 10 more years, and now we aren't just bankrupt, we are all communist sympathizers with our hand out to the Chicoms.

    I hate Reagan, Bush, Bush, and hell, I even hate Eisenhower.

    P.S. That empty slab in the picture, is because the previous occupant is at the beach in Key West!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb: Agreed.

    KC: I feel yore pain about the WX.

    I hate Reagan, Bush, Bush, and hell, I even hate Eisenhower.

    You're entitled to your opinion, Anon, and we shall agree to disagree on most all of your points.

    Nice try on the empty slab, but the former resident is an ENMU student who opted to live with a roommate rather than alone in her fifth-wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I thought maybe they got out before winter, ha. Oof, yea, living alone as a student is no fun - bills, bills, bills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reagan certainly was the greatest president we've had in my 45 years. I think it will be some time before our country sees the like of him again.

    I know the world is on its head when WA is running second to CA for warmest weather in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked his B-17 story that he made-up for a speech once. I never listened to him after that, and then too - Ollie North was par for his team.

    I remember spending a lot of time in Honduras looking for the people he said were arming the rebels in El Salvador. All, of course, while arming the rebels in Nicaragua.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BR: Really? WA is WARM this year? Wow.

    Anon: North is smarter than he looks. Who else could parlay bein' a White House gofer into a media career? By that I mean LtCols are a dime a dozen in the Pentagon and virtually invisible at Cabinet level, except mebbe when someone needs a refill.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.