Thursday, January 06, 2011

Good Stuff

I'm late to the party with this, but ya can't stay on top of everything.  You photography buffs have prolly already seen this, but Nikon announced the winners of its annual "Small World" photo contest last November.  There is some stunning photography here, most of it taken by non-professionals, assuming you consider research scientists non-professionals.  But you know what I mean.  Here's a screen shot of this year's winners:


Cool, eh?  My fave:



18th Place, 2010
Gerd Guenther
Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany
Soap film (150x)

I've always liked to play with bubbles, but there were times when Bubbles just wanted to go to sleep.  Badda-da-BOOMP.

4 comments:

  1. Just for pure composition, I have to go with #s 17 and 20. Those are just genius from a layout perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just amazed at both the clarity/resolution and the color in these images, Kris. We've MOST certainly "come a long way, Bay-bee" where photography is concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing - color, compostion, clarity, etc. It is amazing what people come up with to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've spent HOURS browsing the archives there too, Lou. Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.