Monday, November 08, 2010

"That's Logistics"

The current UPS teevee ad campaign is one of my favorites coz it has everything: a message, stunning images, and a catchy tune.  I'm sure you've seen 'em, right?  Well, you may not have seen these:



In Spanish!



And Chinese!



And here a UPS spokeswoman talks about the campaign.  "Celebrating logistics," indeed.  This resonates with an ol' military guy like me, coz we have an axiom: "Amateurs study tactics, experts study logistics."  That's always been true... witness all those Roman roads found throughout every land they conquered and across the entire empire.  That's logistics!

10 comments:

  1. And yet, they have trouble finding my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these commercials - especially the Italy scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL on your first, Lou! You just need to establish a relationship with your UPS driver... my gal has NO trouble finding me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if I told you this, but the Logistics Officer Association convention we went to last month had us singing those commercials at every break in the program...kinda got annoying by the middle of day 2. All that notwithstanding, they are great ads!

    SN1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I can see where that "singing of the ads" bit would get annoying after about the second time. But, Hey! Tailor-made for all y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have no trouble finding my house...all the better to leave some super expensive item on the stoop in plain sight.

    FedEx is my preferred.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BR: We all have our faves, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep. It's the classic Ford vs. Chevy argument. They are both clearly successful at what they do, it just depends upon the experiences of the individual.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great!

    My dog's training is holding -- the UPS guy still gives him Milk Bones. I saw him the other day doing a pick-up at a pack-n-ship place and observed him cheating with another dog. He begged me not to tell Bouie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heh. I cheated on my puppies, too.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.