Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm SUCH a Sucker...

A just-concluded e-mail exchange with Mr. Blythe at cigar.com:
You silver-tongued debbil, you!  Make it three then, please.

You're gonna bankrupt  me, Tim. 

Best,
bp

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Tim Blythe wrote:

Buy 3 and get the 4th free!

Tim Blythe/Cigar.com

Sr. Account Executive                                             

(800) 357-9800 x761
tblythe@cigar.com                                                                        

-----Original Message-----
From: Buck Pennington
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 4:34 PM
To: Tim Blythe
Subject: Order: Weekend Blitz - 50% Off Drew Estate - 10 Cigars Only $XX.XX

Hey Tim!

I'll have TWO of these samplers, please!

Thanks very much,
bp
That sampler includes the following...
2 x ACID 5 Robusto (5"x54)
2 x Tabak Especial Café con Leche (5.5 x 54)
2 x ACID Opulence 3 Robusto (5"x54)
2 x ACID Kuba Kuba Maduro (5"x54)
2 x ACID Blondie Belicoso (5"x54)
I've smoked all of those sticks and three of 'em are on my "favorites" list.  The humidor will most certainly be FAT next week.  Sucker.

And now it's time for Happy Hour!

9 comments:

  1. Cheers! Say, how about those folks in NM who were dealing nuclear info to Chavez?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What folks, Moogie? I'm not aware of which you speak...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, Buck. I just received 1 each of the following in a sampler:

    Diesel Unholy Cocktail
    5 Vegas Limitada 2010
    Tabak Especial Cafe Con Leche (a favorite!)
    Cain Nub
    Rocky Patel 1961

    Then, as I ambled home from dinner and the rain picked up, i found a place 1/4 mile from my house that I did not know existed: The Beer Junction. You would be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buck, you might be a sucker, but you sure ain't an inhaler.

    So, go ahead on and suck the fourth box for free. That Tim dude is GOOOOOD...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the box is as good as the cigars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In Fort Myers, there is a cigar club/bar/lounge that Old Iron discovered. He is now the proud owner of a 'locker' of sorts where he can store his cigars of choice. Not exactly sure what he has in there, if anything, but when he told me, I immediately thought of you.

    Been a while... but glad to see you doing well!

    KC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a sucker; just a man who knows what he likes and isn't afraid to go get it.

    Just think of all those lovely Happy Hours lying in wait for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. S-Andy: The Café con Leche is a fave of mine, too. I've bought a box or two of 'em in the past and loved 'em. About The Beer Junction: Wow. Just freakin' WOW. 813 beers... wow!

    L-Andy: Tim is VERY good to me! I really like the guy.

    Lou: There won't be a box, unfortunately. These samplers come wrapped in cellophane, five cigars to the package. Which isn't a BAD thing. I'm up to my ears in old cigar boxes at the moment.

    KC: Ya, it HAS been a while! I envy Old Iron... the concept of a cigar bar is SUCH a good thing. I'll never see one in these parts, alas.

    Kris: Thank ya, Ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's 813 NEW beers. They're well over a thousand, according to the owner, who was working last night.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.