Thursday, September 16, 2010

ARRRGH!

Recycling a note I just sent to a friend who inquired about my day...
It's been one of those days... I'm just in from a run over to The Big(ger) City™ where I did battle with Sprint.  Long story, but the Reader's Digest version is I have automatic bill pay -- they debit my credit card every month.  Well, my card expires this month and I need to update the expiration date.  No can do.  Not through Sprint's "customer service" phone line and not at their sales office.  I have to do it through their web site, which REFUSES to register me.  The manager at the sales point in Clovis tried to assist me and it wouldn't let HIM register me.  ARRRGH.  Thus yet another bid'niz gets added to my fire-bombing list...

I whipped by the base to pick up meds and the gate guard told me I wasn't registered in the base ID system for some strange reason.  I've been registered since they put the program in place a couple o' years ago... but I had to go RE-register.  ARRRGH, Part II.  No big deal... it took all of ten minutes... but it was out of my way and was a stop I didn't plan on making.  It seems like the universe is conspiring against me today.


And there are big-ass thunderstorms in the neighborhood, so it looks like there will be no Happy Hour.  ARRRGH, Part III.

Some days it bees like this.

5 comments:

  1. To quote one of our more famous Presidents, "I feel your pain." Seriously, you and I are in the same boat. Me with my score o' 38. <grin>

    We acquire TWO services from a certain other communications company; its name is four characters long, and the third of those four is an ampersand. Capiche? A long time ago it started to be a joke that it is REALLY hard to pay these people $$$. I mean, any which way. Phone, Internet, in-person, snail-mail, you name it.

    By the way, these two services we acquire from them are separate and distinct services...because they are billed that way. We've been told for some two solid years now that "bundled billing" is coming any day.

    I've not yet received a reasonable explanation about this yet: What's up with these telecomms that make it hard to give them money? The great American tradition is to make it hard for people to get money out of you -- not make it hard for them to pay you. Oh well. Information. It commands a certain amount of respect. In the last few years, it seems our society is guilty of not giving information the respect it deserves. Guy asks you "you want fries with that?" and you give him an answer...ten seconds later he has to ask you again because he forgot.

    Speaking of which, I'll bet The New Blogger, in all its glory, traps this comment in your spam bucket. AGAIN.

    Not your fault, friend, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kinds of problemas make me crazy. Since you don't have a dog to kick, aren't you glad you have a blog? Did you get a happy hour at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buck, It's funny how those days seem to go: it's not just one thing happens to sour the day, it's one thing after another. A kind of cumulative, piling on effect. I've had plenty of those myself. Too bad that you had to miss the Happy Hour as well; being able to work that in might have tempered some of the earlier grief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek... I hate those days.

    And uh, I hate to add to your inconveniences, so I apologize in advance, but I tagged you in a "meme"... Check it out at the link below if you like, and feel free to ignore it!

    Hope all is well. :)

    http://www.mattconlon.com/2010/09/so-that-is-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morgan: I had AT&T cell phone service for two and a half years while out in SFO and for a brief while after moving to NM. My company picked up the tab for the first 18 months (cell phones were required for mgmt, so they paid) I was with them but the rest was on me (the company quit paying my bills as a cost-containment measure). That said: I hear ya. They SUCK. The good thing is they canceled my contract six months after I arrived in NM, as all my minutes were roaming-minutes, what with AT&T not having any presence in this part o' the world. So much for their ads about covering 97% of all Americans...

    Sprint has been good to me until the latest flap. I never needed their obtuse, lame-ass web site before now and have had no actual PHONE issues.

    Did you get a happy hour at all?

    I DID. Those storms never actually hit P-Ville, they were just all around us.

    ...being able to work that in might have tempered some of the earlier grief.

    It most certainly did, Dan. It's amazing how philosophical one can get after a few beers! ;-)

    Matt: Just got back from your place, where I posted this:

    6 - If you could choose one song to play loudly to announce your presence every time you entered a room, what would it be?

    I LIKE this question! Right off the top o' my head: "Sympathy for the Devil," (the live version from "Get Yer Ya-Yas Out") if only for its first two lines: "Please allow me to introduce myself / I'm a man of wealth and taste..."

    Or Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb." "Hello... hello... hello... Is there anybody IN there?"

    Dunno if I'll play the WHOLE tour, Matt. I'd pretty much given up on memes until now.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.