Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I Need One of These



The POV Glass (click for larger).  We definitely have the pessimist's view of the world today (see below).

I have a problem when it comes to acquiring the glass.  If something comes in to El Casa Móvil De Pennington something else must go out.  My cabinets are small and acquisitions over the years have filled them to the bursting point.


―:☺:―
 San Jose's Patrick Marleau shoots the puck past Detroit goalie Jimmy Howard to give the San Jose Sharks a 4-3 overtime victory and a 3-0 lead in the series. (KIRTHMON F. DOZIER/DFP)
Your hockey Red Wings update...  I thought about just letting this subject pass right on by without comment because hockey season is over in Dee-troit, for all intents and purposes.  The Wings threw away a must-win game at The Joe last night, squandering a 3 - 1 lead in the third period to lose to the Fish in overtime, 4 - 3.  Pierre LeBrun:
We'll save you the rest of what Red Wings players were saying Tuesday night, the usual business of just focusing on one win at a time and not losing faith. But through those clichés in a somber dressing room, one could read the real truth in their eyes: "We're really going to lose to San Jose ... in the second round!"

A team that has written the book on winning in the pre- and post-salary cap world, a club that has set the bar both behind the bench and in the front office, is seriously wobbling at the knees awaiting one final punch.

The litany of injuries that floored this team in the first half of the season and the ferocious focus and effort it took to get back into a playoff spot in the second half may have left this great collection of winners out of gas. A seven-game win over Phoenix in the first round certainly didn't help things.
And, of course, this:  Two… out of 148. That’s the number of teams that have come back from a 0-3 deficit in the Stanley Cup playoffs.  We'll have one more face-saving game in Dee-troit and then another out in San Jose, best case, coz the proverbial Fat Lady sang last night at The Joe.  It was a terrible thing to hear.

8 comments:

  1. So, which one are ya? (On the glass).

    Computer issues must be the going thing in the month of May, 2010....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to build a shed!! No?

    In the past few years I have been cleaning out my house, top to bottom, to the point that my neighbor asked me if I had a full basement -- I don't. The charity truck regularly picks up my donations. But I think they might even be getting tired of me.

    So I, too, am practicing the "if something comes in, something else goes out". Yes, of course, there are SOME restrictions on the theme, but it works!! Saves money, too -- I can't buy as much! :( Wow, I may have caused the recession!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staci: I'm a pessimist. Today. I change with the WX.

    Kath: No shed, no how! Divesting myself of "stuff" was one of the better things I ever did, with two exceptions: losing my photo archive (by accident) and sending my vinyl off to live with SN2. Well, three... I sure as Hell miss my washer and dryer.

    Andy: Yeah, it DOES suck. It's gonna be a looong summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your Wings, Buck. I do like the beer glass, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Glass!
    The Darling Daughter in Kansas is none too pleased with last night's results either. Poor Child, subdued chuckle here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the Wings predicament. You seem resigned to it, but remember in that other sport, the Red Sox came back from three down. Still, I think I'd just drink whatever's in the glass and shift my hopes to next year. BTW, I like the capitalist statement on the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, being a Red Sox fan who saw the miraculous return from the abyss in 2004, I say there's still hope and cling to it as long as you can.

    On the other hand, being a B's fan with a 3 - 0 edge over the Flyers? I'm not in favor of seeing miracles right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I SOOOOOO want that glass!

    (Pepper and I are both packrats -- someday our dessicated bodies wil be discovered under a stack of stuff.)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.