Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack

The Allman Bros...



Never mind the illiteracy of the YouTube poster ("almon?"  Sheesh.  Some fan.)... the lyrics just seem to fit our day.  In part:
Go on downtown baby
Find somebody to love
Meanwhile I ain't wastin' time no more
'Cause time goes by like pouring rain
And much faster things
You don't need no gypsy to tell you why
You can't let one precious day slip by
Look inside yourself
And if you don't see what you want
Maybe sometimes then you don't
But leave your mind alone and just get high
Heh.  Well, leave us not get into the lyrics' deeper psychological ramifications.  Keep in mind we're all about "leavin' our mind alone and just gettin' high." Kinda sorta. That said, this particular vid was the only studio version of the tune I could find.  It'll do. 


"Ain't Wastin' Time No More" is just about the perfect tune for the perfect day (see above) and we were sorely tempted to take a picture of the perfect pour to accompany this post.  Alas, we drank that perfect pour... about two inches of frothy head over a cloudy golden live-yeast infused brew... instead.  You'll have to live with our assertion that the pour was perfect.  As always, because we're good like that.  Which comes from years of experience, yanno?  And now it's back outside to continue (and you know the rest)...


Update, three minutes later:  A subsequent pour and just for the record... I lied.  An inch and just a wee bit more head.  Sue me.

8 comments:

  1. Buck, as always, Springtime, and yard work has returned to NW LA. My very best neighbor EVER across the street was out last night pruning shrubs and raking leaves.

    I walked across the street, and yelled, "Hey! Come on over to my place when you're finished...got plenty of leaves you can take care of."

    No response. She had her iPod ear things in. When she saw me, she pulled the plugs on her ears and said, "Sorry! Oh man...you know I gotta have my Allmon Brothers!"

    Excellent choice on a gorgeous afternoon, Buck! Excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to see them do free concerts in Atlanta's Piedmont Park (an Olmstead-designed part similar to Central Park in NYC).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta applaud the Allmons.

    Our porch will witness the first Bailey's Irish Martini ever imbibed at Moogie's Mansion this evening. It might be pretty wicked. But, as for fizzy things -- one of the bacheloretters left a few Shock Tops in the fridge. Know anything about it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy: The Allmans live in my car... which is the highest compliment I can bestow on a band... any band.

    WWW: I SO envy you!

    Moogie: I have no experience with "Shock Tops," but the name is intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Live at the Fillmore East" was the best. Evah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trees are bloomin' and things are turnin' green - Yea! St. Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be near or over 70 degrees here today - which will be a record. It's just a gorgeous day here - making everything look better and everyone feel better.

    I'm no fool - I've lived in New England all my life and I know this could be temporary. We could get 18 inches of snow for Easter.

    But, for now, I'm enjoying the warm sun, light breeze and blue sky - without a coat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Live at the Fillmore East" was the best. Evah.

    Hard to disagree on that, wilko.

    Lou: No buds here, yet. But SOON.

    Kris: I'm glad ya got a break today.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.