Friday, February 05, 2010

Today's Political Content

Asshat of the day... John Conyers, Dim-o-crat from Michigan, for this:
Dear Secretary Clinton:

As you know, the 42 member Congressional Black Caucus met with Rajiv Shah, the Administrator of the U.S. AID yesterday to discuss the crisis in Haiti. I was alarmed and chagrined to learn that none of the approximately dozen staff he brought with him were African American. This is so serious an error in judgement that it warrants his immediate demotion to a subordinate position at AID. It is well known  that there has long been an under-representation of minorities in key positions within the State Department. I am confident this Administration will immediately begin addressing this problem.

I look forward to meeting with you on this matter.

Sincerely,
John Conyers, Jr.
Member of Congress
That's a real live letter as quoted in yesterday's Weekly Standard. Read the whole thing here. Or not. You already know all you need to know.

―:☺:―

Good friend Lori sends this most-appropriate cartoon along, in light of the above:
 

Heh.  I'm thinking of the "lightweight" category, of course.  I suppose discretion prohibits using the term "asshat" in a newspaper.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I dig the iDem. Might be I has to swipe this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Buck; I did not go to the link. I think I've heard enough.

    Have to wonder if the people that Mr. Shah brought along speak French/Creole. Unlike most of Conyers constituents.

    What color is Mr Shah, anyway? I presume Mr Shah has a bit of Irish in him... And what does it matter as long as help gets out there?

    Conyers is a racist a&&Maggot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louisiana Andy here:

    Conyers was "alarmed and chagrined" at something. I'll bet you everything in the other Andy's wallet that Conyers can not define either word.

    Jeepers...we're screwed! What? No black folks available to discuss Haiti?

    We're screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buck,

    Speaking of Haiti, did you happen to see this over at Theo's?

    http://www.theospark.net/2010/01/haiti-reportfrom-rico.html

    John Conyers, my ass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evidently the reality of having trained folks in certain positions is a bit outside the thought process for conyers. Or basically, the guy is an idiot. My money is on conyers being an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed with all y'all's comments. Thanks for that link, Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe if we elected a black President, it would be enough to make Congressman Conyers happy. Can't hurt to give it a try. Maybe then we'll get past this racial strife once and for all.

    Togetherwecandothis.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.