Sunday, November 08, 2009

Today's Happy Hour Soundtrack



Part and parcel of...

Ah.  Beautiful weather, a couple o' few decent beers, a good cigar, and fine tunes... life is good.  Or as good as it gets these days.  It's ALL relative, yanno?

Update, later that same day, from the self-same soundtrack:





Which calls to mind one late late night in 1977 in Westby, Montana where... at approximately three or four o'clock in the morning... we did a drunken duet of this very same song with an artist who was performing in one of the two bars in Westby.  And we were GOOD, Gentle Reader.  But that's not the salient or even the most prominent memory of that evening...  No, it was the fact that I prevented a great good friend of mine from driving the ten miles back to her dorm in the wee small hours of that morning.  Like me, she was incredibly and wonderfully "happy," way too happy to drive. So... we convinced her to drive the half mile to my Little Home On The Prairie instead.  We got home and almost literally fell into bed.  The last thing I remember about that night:

She:  I don't wanna do anything...

Me:  Me neither.  I'm too damned drunk anyway...

And so we went to sleep, cradled in each others arms.  A fine ending to a fine night, regardless of what you might think.  Ain't it amazing what music will conjure up at any given point in time?

4 comments:

  1. I remember a night like that, although I wasn't that drunk. I also remember that she pissed the bed in the middle of the night. Glad yours was more pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. Mine most certainly WAS more pleasant, Gordon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the risk of being branded "unladkylike" - I also remember a night similar. College. 1981. Him "happy", me "happier".

    Dorm room. Dark fumblings. A panicked visit to the bathroom by me.

    Him? Sent me packing to walk across campus alone at 1:00am...

    Me? Had to face him in an 8:00am class the next morning.

    Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Him? Sent me packing to walk across campus alone at 1:00am...


    NO shit? I'm hoping that was ALL with that dude. I'd have been all cold shoulder with him the next day and forever after.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.