Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Best Post About Destroying Climate Data I've Seen...

... comes from Jim Treacher.  Excerpt:

A friendly chat with the global warming evangelist who lives in my head

Hello, hyperventilating zealot.
Greetings, denialist scum.
Now that we've dispensed with the formalities, please allow me to point and laugh at you. Ahem. Ha ha ha! Point point point!
Shut up.
That's what you'd like me to do. That's what you'd like all of us to do. Shut our mouths and open our wallets. Did you really think it was going to be so easy?
This doesn't prove anything.
What doesn't?
You know.
We both do. I just want to hear you say it.
This Clim... This Climateguh. Guh.
That's it, almost there.
Heh.  Read the whole thing.  With links!

(The toon has no relation to Mr. Treacher's post.  It comes from the usual source.)

6 comments:

  1. Is it just me, or has the mainstream media been awfully absent on this topic?

    I can't say I'm surprised to find out that data manipulation was occuring. If you don't have the data to support your claims just make it up.

    I secretly hope that Al Gore will find himself on trial for his part in this sham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It ain't just you, BR. But the MSM can't ignore this forever. Actually, there's been some coverage, albeit minimal and not NEARLY enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read something similar on Fox News this morning, but not the same story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou: Yeah... Fox has been one of the few "major" networks that's picked this story up and are running with it. Good On 'Em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny! Say, did you catch Iowahawk Geographic on this topic? :)

    On a more serious note, will this one day become a "teachable moment" for our poor little Algorified kids? Or will they become completely disillusioned? (That can be a good thing sometimes.)
    I've read that it has been a Marxist goal for years to discredit science (as in a search for truth) and it seems that we are well on the road to this.

    "endflue" is my word verification. Well, I got over mine two weeks ago. I hope you've all been well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bec: Thanks for the link, and yeah I had seen it. re: "teachable moments" for the AlGoreified (nice term, btw)... they are in total and complete denial/dismissive mode over this brouhaha. Which is just as ironic as it gets, innit? The alarmists have been calling us skeptics "deniers" for years now, and then... Heh.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.