Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Beatles

Well, yeah… I'll buy that.  Literally.  For a little insight into what I'm on about, check out this clip from this evening's "News Hour with Jim Lehrer:"



If you skipped the clip (but you really should watch it, Gentle Reader… especially if you're under 40 years of age), then I'll have to tell ya that "that" is the newly released (today, actually), digitally re-mastered Beatles catalog.  I probably won't be buying the entire catalog, but I'll MOST certainly purchase "Rubber Soul," "Revolver," "Sgt. Pepper," "Abbey Road," and the White Album.  For starters.

And you know there may be more.

4 comments:

  1. I can even remember when these guys with the weird haricuts and almost feminine suit jackets came to Milwaukee. One of the ladies in our "gang" wanted to go see them, so I got the tickets and we went. It was the very first time when I wished I had a BAR and could quiet the screeching teenage females who prevented us from hearing the boys. I bought the album and have been a fan ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably won't buy any thing Beatle related. They produced some great music and made some amazing changes in the music industry, but they were not really part of my era. By the time I was really interested in music, the Beatles were all loners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat: I never saw 'em live, but my epiphany was when a woman (girl, actually) drug me to see "Hard Day's Night" in 1964, I believe. We went back and saw it two more times and I was a fan forevermore.

    Lou: The Beatles don't have to be in your era for you to enjoy them, do they? I'm not on about nostalgia here... it's all about the music. Which is why kids today are becoming fans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the Beatles, but I have never bought an album - Radio can play all I want to hear.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.