Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Sublime and the Ridiculous (You Choose Which Is Which)

This morning a friend sent along a link to video of the Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britain doing "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly." Which was way cool, so we went off to YouTube (natch) to see what else they've done lately. And we came across their rendition of "Wuthering Heights:"



I particularly like the stage patter. That said... if you don't know Wuthering Heights (the song, not the book)... here's the original version of what the UOGB were sending up:



That would be Kate Bush, a once and former... Hell, still... lust object of mine. Kate is an acquired taste (like sushi, sorta)... you either love her or hate her; I know of no one who is ambivalent about the woman. For the record: I love her. AND this song.

4 comments:

  1. The ukes were great! I don't know about the Bush lady - not my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. Kate kinda reminds me of the singing chipmunks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'm one of those in the middle about Kate Bush. She did a song some years ago - and I'll be damned if I can remember it or find something to remind me - that I really liked.

    She reminds me of Sarah Brightman - vocally and lookwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou: As I said, Kate is an acquired taste. But she has made some great music.

    Moogie: Be nice! :D

    Kris: You wouldn't be thinking of "Hounds of Love (Running Up That Hill)" would you? I think that was her last hit here in the US...

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.