Tuesday, June 16, 2009

This Just In

“This” meaning me and “just in” meaning I’ve retreated into the air conditioned splendor of El Casa Móvil De Pennington after burning a cigar and partaking of two of New Belgium’s finest… a Mothership Wit and a 1554. We called Happy Hour early today in anticipation of record heat in these parts… which was billed by The Weather Channel as approaching 100 degrees. We’re not there yet… as of this writing... but we’re close enough for Gub’mint Work, to my way of thinking. To wit:
Or… Baby, it’s freaking HOT outside. While we didn’t break a sweat sitting out under the awning with our beer, we felt much like we were sitting inside a giant convection oven… awash as we were in HOT breezes. At any rate, I feel a nap coming on. Life is just SO danged hard, of late. Make of that what you will… I’m gonna sleep on it.

6 comments:

  1. I’ve retreated into the air conditioned splendor of El Casa Móvil De Pennington after burning a cigar and partaking of two of New Belgium’s finest

    Sounds great! And I love how you call it El Casa Movil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to call Happy Hour when we choose. For me it may depend on rain or shine, hot or cold, or maybe the wind is blowing from some direction. Just kick back with the dogs and relax. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hot, Buck. No two ways about it. At least the humidity is in the tank. Saves it from being merely unpleasant as opposed to nearly intolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try not to complain about the heat until it reaches the triple digits. So far it could be considered a mild summer. I know there will be a time this summer when I will long for the mountains of NM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still rainy and cold here - just ridiculous! Making haying a problem, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alison: Thank ya!

    SuzieQ: It IS something of a luxury to call Happy Hour when we want it, innit?

    Buckskins: It wasn't all THAT bad, actually. I did have two beers before retreating.

    Lou: I'm hoping our weather lately isn't a harbinger of things to come. I'm with you... in that I'm heat-tolerant until we hit those triple digits.

    Cynthia: Wow... you have had some strange WX!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.