Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Apropos of Nothing...

Taking a short break from Happy Hour... we decided to play a bit with the camera while pouring a refill. The results:

The first pic is a 40% re-size; the second is a crop of the full-size image (full manual... f/4.5, 1/30 sec, ISO 400. As ever, click for larger.). I think I'm beginning to get this focusing thing down. Exactly why it's been SO damned difficult is beyond me... seriously.

And now back outside... to continue as we've begun. Oh... another thing... Mothership Wit is rapidly becoming the beer o' choice for these warm summer days. It goes down SO easy it's almost like pop. That's a compliment.

7 comments:

  1. The photos look great. In fact, I think I need a beer with a lime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling more comfy with the focus thing.

    That beer even LOOKS refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and, I see on the enlargement, that it is organic... good for you too :)
    I need to find me some, I'm thirsty just looking at that picture. Must be the great photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh Buck, lime!?!? In your beer!?! That's just so wrong.

    Now if we're talkin' Gin & Tonic...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou: Thanks.

    Paula: Agreed. Mothership has a most interesting taste.

    Ann: The focusing thing is still hit and miss. I've been playing with letting the camera autofocus and then tweaking the focus manually before taking the shot. I've also discovered the 50mm lens is naturally "soft" when wide open.

    Susan: The fact Mothership is organic is a bonus in some circles... it certainly wasn't a Prime Mover in me favoring this beer. But Dang! It IS good!

    And thanks for the kind words about the shots.

    tim: All beer is not created equal. I'd NEVER put a wedge of lime in any sort of ale, stout, or bitter. But even the Germans, who seem to know a good bit about beer, put lemon or lime in their weizen. Methinks you may have been "stereotyped" by observing all those Corona drinkers. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Buck - For lack of words this week, I tweeted you an audio and a twitpic over on Twitter. Cheers!

    http://twitter.com/alisonfi

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool thing to do, Alison! It's great to hear your voice... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.