Sunday, May 10, 2009

Right Now


Yep... Gin & Tonic season is upon us, what with the onset of warm weather. As you can see from the image below, the WX is cooperating, the Wings game is on my Very Expensive Radio (aka: a streaming feed from 97.1 out of DEE-troit on my peesee), and the Wings are up 2-1 at the second intermission. Life is good.

Let's hope it stays that way.

Update, 1740 hrs: Yes, a good day indeed. Wings 4, Ducks 1... the Wings can put 'em away this coming Tuesday. But right now it's time to watch the Bruins and the 'Canes. I don't have a dog in that fight, but SN1 wants the 'Canes to win and go ALL the way... coz he'll definitely be traveling up to Raleigh to watch the Finals, assuming the Wings get there. Like it's said... there's a LOT of hockey to be played before we get to the finals. But it sure looks good for the Wings, at the moment.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Buck. I know there's good days for a gin and tonic, but is there such a thing as a bad day for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious: does the cigar smoke not blur the difference between good gin and bad gin?

    Related: several people have realized that cheap tonic water does blur the difference between good gin and bad gin. Or at least makes the difference less relevant.

    Here's one:

    http://www.slashfood.com/2007/07/05/q-tonic-water/

    I think it's available via Amazon now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was about 1978 that gin and tonics became the "in" drink in Red River. I remember attending an outdoor concert and drinking gin and tonics - they do seem to be a great summer drink. I think I will put the ingredients on my shopping list today.

    It is raining now. It has been raining all night. The forcast is for more rain. The temps were in the high 60's this weekend after being in the high 90's on Friday. I may need to get out my flippers to swim to Wal-Mart today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat: Well, let's just say some days are better than others, eh? I've rarely had a G&T in the dead of winter. :D

    Phil: That's some pretty esoteric tonic water! But granted: there IS a difference... I've gone to the cut-rate krep at Wally World when I ran out of Schweppes before, and the cheap stuff is too sweet with an aftertaste. I dunno if I'd buy Q-Tonic, tho.

    As for the cigars affecting the taste of the gin? Not that I've noticed. They might even enhance it, LOL!

    Lou: I LOVE G&Ts in the summer. As for the WX... the last two days have been great; today is chilly (48 degrees) overcast, and threatening rain... which is GOOD, as we haven't had too much lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, just looking at that picture makes me want to go off of work, make myself a gin and tonic and take up a love for cigars made by some obscure company!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crysti: You're welcome to drop in and have either or both if you're ever over this way! We're sometimes out of tonic water here, but the cigars are always plentiful and there's other delectable stuff in the liquor locker, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a Mother's Day treat to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude. You, me, & Morgan need a summit meeting sometime. I'm digin' the pic.

    That'd be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.