Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Placeholder

Real life and oversleeping intrudes on blogging today. There are things I have to go and places I have to do... So, just to fill space... here's something from the Golden Age of Lip-Synching before Milli Vanilli took the gild gilt off the lily. (Hey! Alliteration 'R' US!)



That's The Sanford-Townsend Band... in case you missed the Big-Ass, eight-foot-tall red letters behind them... a one-hit wonder sort of band with their biggie from about 1977 or so. The song was in heavy rotation Chez Pennington during that era but has an ENTIRELY different meaning in this day and age. Still a catchy tune, tho.

Back in a bit. In case I'm not lying. But not, if I am.

5 comments:

  1. Whoa ... THAT takes me back ... to Chez Pennington, circa 1977/78! I'm not sure I've heard that tune since then, in fact. Nice memories, if somewhat ... smoky ... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. O/T: I've got an email inbound to SN1, got a few questions regarding some ac and muns mx stuff. I'd appreciate it if ya could mention that to him if you happen to talk to him anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike: Check your e-mail.

    Lori: It's SUCH a good tune, innit? Like you... I haven't heard it much (if at all) since Former Happy Days. I was surprised to find it on YouTube, actually.

    Apropos of nothing... I can't figure out if your comment is a double or triple entendre. (BIG Ol' Grin, here.)

    And now we must head outdoors to Happy Hour and ponder a blog post. Desperately seeking our Muse, we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buck,
    This may have been a hit when it was out in the way back when, to me it will always be an oldie.

    You see, I spent almost three consecutive years out of CONUS doing the Navy thing on aircraft carriers (two different ones in fact) and I missed a lot of the tunes during that period. You deploy with what is popular at the time and you return with it too, kind of like you were stuck in a time warp.

    I have heard a lot of stuff thinking what a great new tune only to find out it is on someone Greatest Hits LP already. I missed so much domestic stuff back then, you like all the pain of living under Ford and Carter. But, I wouldn't trade it for all the gold in China!!

    BT: Jimmy T sends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jimmy: I'm thinking things are a lot different now, what the 'net, iPods, and satellite teevee available in the crew's mess and such. But I hear ya, none the less. We lived in a much different world back then... in EVERY conceivable way.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.