Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I HATE Blogger!

Or perhaps I hate Internet Explorer, I dunno. Whatever or whichever... If you use Internet Exploder to view EIP you're missing FOUR... count 'em... four five posts. The posts titled "Another Addition" (announcing the birth of great-granddaughter Aria), "It Happens EVERY Year" (a whine about frozen water hoses), "The Grace and Humor of Laura Bush" (a video of Mrs. Bush), "Happy Birthday Baby T" (pics of great-grandson T's first birthday), and (added) "Rock 'n' Roll," a post about 50 mph winds here in P-Ville have all disappeared into the ether... if you use IE.

I have NO ideer as to WHY this shit keeps on keeping on, but it does. The weird thing? I composed half of those posts-gone-missing in Blogger's "compose" window with the express intention of avoiding these hassles. To no avail...

My suggestion to you, Gentle Reader: get Firefox. Stuff just works with Firefox and I cannot say the same thing for IE. Frickin' Microsnot...

Update: I managed to fix it by removing MS-Word code in the "New Addition" post. Everything seems fine when viewed in IE now. PLEASE let me know if you have problems viewing EIP, Gentle Reader, with either IE or Firefox.

8 comments:

  1. Buck - I have IE at work and your site looks fine - all the posts you mention are displayed. I use FireFox @ home and will check for you later tonite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kris. The issue was fairly easy to track down and resolve. Now that I know what causes it I'll be sure and delete all the garbage code MS-Word sticks in every post I write (in Word).

    I still have IE on my 'puter and you can be sure I'll check each and every post in IE from now on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for me. Firefox, no problems

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firefox - all good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with your RSS feed (I read EIP in a feed-reader during the day and visit the site itself to comment.)

    And you're doing fine in Firefox 3 on a Macintosh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firefox for me. No problems whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fine from my side too.

    I know I know! It's been a long time since I stopped by. Sorry Buck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the verification. And Barry... it mystifies me to NO end that the posts come through in your RSS reader but don't work in IE. What's up with that, I wonder?

    Ash: Attendance isn't mandatory, ya know! But in your case it's "highly desired," LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.