Saturday, November 15, 2008

We Be Three Today

Baby it’s cold outside…

But it’s warm and toasty inside… and the coffee’s good, too!

―:☺:―

Today we celebrate three years of blogging mediocrity. 1,814 posts (not counting this one), an equal number of images (at the VERY least), half-baked opinions, and half-assed commentary on a wide range of subjects…most of which interest only me. Yet we continue.

Go figure.

(Image from FreeFoto.com)

―:☺:―

I’m having one of those petulant net-connection days wherein I can get to some sites just fine (The Times (UK), The Guardian (UK), memeorandum), can’t get others to load (The WaPo, CNET’S bandwidth monitor), and some load, albeit verrry slowly (The NYT). There’s no rhyme or reason to it at all… but it sure as Hell is frustrating! I suspect my ISP has domain name service (DNS) issues… as I’m getting “looking up/connecting to the.site.in.question” messages in FireFox’s status bar while the hour glass indicates we’re working… without result.

I just hate it when this happens… especially on the weekend… coz that means the problem will likely persist until sometime Monday morning. It’s always sumthin…

―:☺:―

Today’s Pic: Helmet Hair, X2. SN3 and YrHmblScrb just outside El Casa Móvil De Pennington, July 2004.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the blogoversary, Buck!

    "…most of which interest only me."

    You're going to have a helluva time selling that line around here, pal.

    And I love the shirt in the pic. I have a shot of that very thing planted, in sticker form, center mass of the 30mm nose gun on an A-10. It rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank ya, Sir! I like the tee shirt, too. A lot. I've sworn an oath to only wear it occasionally, so as to preserve it beyond the normal three or four year shelf life that's usual for tee shirts in this part o' the world. It's working... so far. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the "Feels like 17" degrees I really love. 26. 17. Below about 30, what's the difference, really? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS, congratulations on the blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your blogoversary, Buck! W00T!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doc: Point well-taken on the wind chill. Cold is cold... no matter how ya slice and dice it.

    Thanks for the congrats, Doc and Christina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bec here,

    Congratulations, Buck! Only three years? It seems like a lifetime to me, for some reason. Maybe it's because my new life started about a year into your blog. THAT seems like a lifetime ago. So glad you came into my life. Thanks for all the good work and for all the fun.

    We just got a new computer (not hooked up yet) so maybe I'll be able to fly in more often...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you came into my life. Thanks for all the good work and for all the fun.

    Thanks, Bec... and the feelings are mutual. I love it when you drop by and I hope ya get that new 'puter hooked up right quick!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.