Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Sunday Funnies


About the following… file under “Stupid Stuff I Thought Was Funny.”  At the time.  Maybe ya hadda be there.  OTOH, what follows could be the result of 12 hours of non-stop football, in various and sundry forms.


I’ve had similar encounters with my printer.


I think I may have hit bottom with these two vids.
  But I’m curious… do ya think the Dobie likes Pink Floyd?  Or should we call PeTA?

―:
:―
File this under “Stupid Stuff That ISN’T Funny:”  Welcome to the final stages of the coup...  Yep, I’ve been playing in the mud again.  If you don’t want to get your Sunday-Go-To-Meetin’ clothes dirty… not mention your psyche… here’s about all you need to know:

In 2000, the long fought for and long admired democracy of the United States of America began a slow and steady decline toward fascism - a Bush family tradition - with the installment of a president - a man the citizens overwhelmingly rejected (although the funny math told a still believed myth) - by a few corrupt judges on the US Supreme Court. That coup is now nearly complete and checkmate is all but unavoidable.

[…]

It seems this time around, the Bush family is trying the more subtle approach to open bloodshed:  first create a crisis, then  under the guise of addressing that crisis, overthrow democracy. Yes, it does sound terribly conspiracy-theory-esque when explained just this way. But what else does one call a criminal conspiracy to destroy Congressional powers permanently, alter Judicial powers permanently, and steal public funds?

As I see it now, we have but two options and I have long alluded to hoping against hope that one of these options would not be the only one left to a peaceful people. The first and frankly most preferable option is for Congress to immediately begin impeachment proceedings against the members of this latest Business Plot.

[…]

The other option, the one I have long prayed we would never need to even consider, is a total revolution. But, If Congress won't act in its own self-defense, in the defense of democracy, in defense of us - the people who have elected them to protect us from this very danger - then what is left for us to do? I don't want to see it come down to this, but I fear that it will. Put your party politics aside right now. We are in a crisis so dangerous that should these people succeed in their coup, your party affiliation will no longer matter, your American flag will be a nice collectible item of something that once was, and your version of God will be worshiped in secrecy because your freedoms will be owned by the few.

I left the links in the excerpt intact.
  The Beeb link is “old news” and the other link is a compendium of Leftie snit pieces enumerating the countless reasons AlGore won the 2000 presidential election.  About which: the veritable source of Bush Derangement Syndrome.  All that’s missing from the second link is the identification of Patient Zero and the pathology of BDS transmission.  The Left just never got over losing that election and it drives their paranoid ravings to this very day.  The lovely (I’m sure) Ms. Alexandrova probably can’t write her mom without including links such as these.  Yet I digress.

Here’s a sampling of what the Fellow Travelers have to say about Ms. Alexandrova’s deranged ravings:

MoniqueF
We should have taken the streets a long time ago -not that we did not protest this administration but obviously nothing has come out of them. Bush is getting away with crimes, abuse of power all wrapped with such audacity that yes, considering that Congress has be so complaisant and God knows what else this administration 's October surprise(s) will be, it is time for a revolution. As long as Bush is in power our ride is not over.
Posted 
12:01 AM on 09/21/2008

missjabez
I am ready and willing to "take it to the streets", particularly if the election is stolen from Obama. We Americans have tolerated enough.
Posted 
10:28 PM on 09/20/2008

insanityfollows
When people don't watch the news, don't study history, etc... and gets apathetic, humanity finds itself in these pinches. People think it can't happen now or here. It can. Lipstick on a pig and all of that. When you really start looking at it it's a little scary.
Posted 
09:29 PM on 09/20/2008

It’s never been more appropriate to say this:
  “You can’t make this stuff up.”  Simply appalling.  I'm as serious as the proverbial heart attack when I say this:  Ms. Alexandrova is in need of an intervention.  "Normal" people, however you define the term, don't think like this... let alone make their rantings and ravings public in such an embarrassing manner.  One hopes that her "significant other" (I don't know, nor do I care, about her personal relationship status), her parents, or a concerned friend steps up and gets her the professional help she needs.  Paranoid schizophrenia, aside from being an ugly thing to observe, is dangerous to the person so afflicted and to those around them.  The woman needs help.

―:
:―
I’ve been remiss in not telling ya that SN2 has resumed posting on his blog after a two-weeks-shy-of-a-year hiatus.  It’s good to see him back. 

So.
  Can the world possibly stand three Pennington men blogging?  Which, of course, is a rhetorical question if there ever was one.

7 comments:

  1. Uh oh ... I see you have been slumming at Arianna's again. Well...this woman thinks the Bush's are fascists and are trying to take things to an overthrow of democracy complete with bloodshed.

    One of them thinks the election is going to be STOLEN from Obama - will this be the REASON they all use to justify a loss?

    This talk about a revolution by them is downright sacry ... the only comforting thing is that I really believe liberals would be too wussy to ever do it. I HOPE.

    (Tell Arianna I said hello next time you visit....LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that cat video was funny! And you wonder why I like them. That is why!

    It just blows my mind that there are people who actually believe that stuff! They must live in an alternate reality in their own little minds. They don't seem to recognize that it was ALGORE who took the election all the way to the Supreme Court in his refusal to accept defeat. They still want to claim it was stolen from them, even after four different recounts clearly showed Bush to be the winner.

    Me, I can't understand why anyone would want to elect a man who has already promised to raise taxes and institute more government control. Maybe I'm just not understanding what fascism really is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon: I can't help myself sometimes. I'm just a gawker at fender-benders on the freeway of the absurd... ;-)

    As for revolution? I doubt it. Lefties love to visualize themselves as Marie-France at the barricades... but have ZERO idea of what that would actually entail, nor the intestinal fortitude to ACT in such a manner.

    Becky: Yeah, cats are amusing when you can watch 'em on video. I'd never live with one again, though.

    Your other points are well-taken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the animal videos. We used to have a rat terrier that would "sing" with us.

    "Slumming" might be the right word. You might as well watch NBC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou... I may have mentioned (somewhere) TSMP's and my habit of getting the recorder (those wooden flute things) out in the way-back and singing with our dogs. That was GREAT good fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! I have a wooden recorder too ... and I never could actually enjoy playing the thing because our dogs liked to "sing along"!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was a kid we had a beagle who would sing along to any music - recorded or live. It was awesome - he was always on pitch too!

    Fever swamps again Buck?! I think you need to go back to your dentist for more meds...you need help man. That's twice in one week - I can barely tolerate once in a month!

    Brave - foolhardy, but brave. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.