Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My "Alarm Clock" This Morning...

I fell asleep this early this morning (which: more accurate than “last night”) watching C-SPAN2, as is my wont. And the wonderful folks at C-SPAN woke me up about 45 minutes ago with this:
By way of explanation: whenever the House or Senate votes, or waits for a quorum, or is involved in other such non-activity, C-SPAN broadcasts video of the floor with a piece of classical music as the “soundtrack.” Such was the case this morning.
Now, this isn’t the version C-SPAN played. Pachelbel’s Canon might just be the most-recorded piece of classical music, ever (I think I have at least three versions in my music collection). This interpretation was posted to YouTube yesterday, so you are among the first to listen to this particular version on these here inter-tubes, Gentle Reader. Quite nice. And such a wonderful way to begin my… or anyone’s… day.
And now it’s off to answer comments and make the rounds.
Back in a bit…

6 comments:

  1. Go to sleep to politics, wake up to politics, rinse and repeat hey Buck?

    At least music is better than waking up to the "moonbats."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching Condi and SecDef Gates testify in front of a Senate committee when I went to sleep... Foreign Policy and all that... but it still had more than a smidgen of politics in it. You know how the Dems are...

    Waking up to the Canon was quite pleasant... and quite unexpected, too. Which is why it merited a post of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Pachelbel, the kids and I listen to it quite often! Nice wake up and I like this version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice easy wake-up with that playing, no question. Lets a person ease into their day. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can definitely think of worse wake up calls--like that annoying screech of the alarm clock.

    Nice piece of music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn, Kris, and Becky: We're agreed!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.