Thursday, December 06, 2007

Happiness Is...


…a re-supply of cigars (brought by "The Brown Truck of Happiness," as Phlegmmy calls it) and a new humongous ashtray, which was a freebie that came with ten Montecristo cigars (five white Toros and five Media Noches). I strongly suspect cigar.com was just trying to rid themselves of excess inventory, as the ashtray commemorates Montecristo’s 70th anniversary... which happened back in 2005. This ashtray is huge! So much so that I have no idea where I’m gonna put the danged thing. For the moment it’s resting exactly where you see it in the picture: on my stove top. That will change, come dinner time.
I tried to sit outside and smoke the Monte you see in the picture while indulging in a Shiner hefeweizen. Alas, it was just a mite too chilly to stay the course… so I came back inside and snapped this pic. The cigar will wait, the beer will be finished.
Today’s “Fun With Site Meter” entry…
Location
Continent : Asia
Country
: Saudi Arabia (Facts)
Lat/Long
: 25, 45 (Map)
Distance
: 7,844 miles
Language: English (U.S.)
Time of Visit: Dec 6 2007 11:23:45 am
Last Page View: Dec 6 2007 11:23:45 am
Visit Length: 0 seconds
Page Views: 1
Referring URL: http://www.google.co...=u tuib pakistan sex
Search Engine: google.com
Search Words: u tuib pakistan sex
Hmm. I suppose YouTube could be spelled U-Tuib if English is your second language. I just wonder if the searcher found what he was looking for. Pre-vacation planning, one assumes. Or perhaps “best places to train for jihad, with benefits.” “Benefits” meaning goats, one further assumes.

6 comments:

  1. That is a VERY cool ashtray. Me likee!

    As for weird hits, I got one of a german person looking for teeny children and searched with other secks-you-all terms. *shudder* Is there some authority I should turn a screen-scrape of that over to? Scary world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...pure happiness!

    Since the bars have cut out smoking inside around here I'm behind on my smoking!

    I like that ash tray...might have to look for one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE ashtray, Buck! I covet my John Player Special ashtray even if it isn't very practical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tis the season for not smoking my stash.....winter is here, and I refuse to sit on the porch and smoke....so my Humidor remains full.....I like the ashtray Buck, I'll send along a photo of my marble one.....for some reason, a good ashtray, lighter, and cutter make fine cigars taste better(I know, I know, that's pure BS....but us cigar snobs are like that):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get a kick out of the queries that bring people to my site sometimes. Recently, a search of "angel love spirituality" brought them to a post I did about the Mohammed Teddy Bear nonsense. I'd love to know the search logic that got them to a post that had nothing angelic, spirtual or loving about it...

    Reflections by Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phlegmmy sez: Is there some authority I should turn a screen-scrape of that over to? Scary world.

    That's a danged good question, Phlegmmy, and I don't know the answer. I've never had any serious trolls, such as you describe, hit me. I hope I never do.

    Mushy: Ah, the PC-Police run rampant. I saw the handwriting on the wall back in the '90s when California went "non-smoking," state-wide. I knew it was inevitable, back then. New Mexico went "non-smoking" this past summer, too. OTOH, it's supposed to be in the low 70s today...so there WILL be beer and cigars on the verandah this afternoon...

    Lin: You need to post a pic of that ashytray, Girl!! Or send me one. Coz that artifact sounds like it's right up my alley. My absolute favorite ashtray (no longer used as such) is a "Directors Bitter" (Courage Brewery) ashtray purloined from a Brit pub in Oxford on a New Years Eve in the late '90s. SN1, The Second Mrs. Pennington, The Lovely Kim Lynch (a good great friend), and I walked out of that pub that evening with three of those ashtrays, a couple of pint mugs and beer mats coming out of our ears...er...pockets. With the approval (mostly) of the wait-staff. Oh...the name of the pub? "The Dew Drop Inn." I shit thee NOT! :-)

    Pat: Send that pic, Bud!

    Kris: Ain't SiteMeter fun? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.