Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturday Sunrise



Today’s Pics: An interesting sunrise this morning, but not all that photogenic. We had extremely low scudding clouds today, almost like fog but not quite at ground level. And these clouds were moving quite fast, as well. It was interesting to watch but I’ve seen much better sunrises.

The first photo is looking almost due east from the northeast corner of the wall that surrounds Beautiful La Hacienda Trailer Park. The second photo is looking northeast from approximately the same vantage point and highlights the low scudding clouds. The third photo is a crop of the second…which looks almost like a train heading right towards you. In reality it’s simply the lights atop the largest grain elevator in P-Ville. As always, click for larger.

And now I have some errands to attend to before the games begin…

7 comments:

  1. I slept past sunrise today...
    glad to see that it still exists :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking this morning--as I saw all the clouds hiding the sunrise--if you were going to take pictures of it today. Obviously, you did! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one is pretty nice....add a little light and you got a good one....Buckeyes up 48-0 over an overmatched Kent State midway through the 4th qt., they called off the dogs at half time and put in the subs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the sunrise from the proper side this morning...i.e., after I got up. Instead of staying up all night, which has been the case of late.

    Pat: You should go over to ESPN...GA Tech and Miami are playing a close one -- 14-all with 7:30 left in the fourth, as I type! Good close game, it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you get those night owl streaks, too, huh? I just switched back to semi-early to bed, early to rise myself. Our dawn didn't look as surly as yours but the cooler winds sure kicked up this evening.
    The timer on the buffalo roast just went off - better run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lin sez: So you get those night owl streaks, too, huh?

    Ya, I do. I'm ALL over the map, sleep-wise. I'm not sure if the primary reason(s) is because I don't have any formal responsibilities (like: a job), or if it's because I don't have someone else in my life (TSMP's favorite words in the way-back: "Buck. Come to bed. Now."), or if I do this weird stuff simply because I can. At any rate, it is what it is...and sometimes it can be inconvenient.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the best things about Portales would be the weather, yet it is one of the oddest things too.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.