Friday, September 07, 2007

My Guy Gets It. Does Yours?

The lead graf of an e-mail I received this afternoon from Senator John Cornyn, R-TX.

During August, I was able to visit virtually every region of our state and talk with thousands of Texans. As usual, what I heard was far different from what the national news media reports as conventional wisdom in Washington, D.C. While visiting with troops and their families at Fort Bliss, Fort Hood and at the Soldier Appreciation Day in Round Rock, I was repeatedly reassured that morale among our volunteer military is high. Our service men and women have a far better grasp on their mission, and our prospects for success, than do some of my Congressional colleagues. The troops say they’re more committed than ever to their mission. Many Texans also told me they want to be sure we have a winning strategy in Iraq, and they are encouraged by the progress we’re making. Finally, Texans everywhere remain strongly united behind our troops. To be sure, all of us want to bring our troops home as soon as possible. But to abandon the mission before Iraq is secure would allow that country to again become a breeding ground for terrorism. Our focus must remain on the long-term security interest of the United States, and ensuring our enemy doesn’t follow us back home. It would reverse all of the hard-earned gains that our troops have made in recent months.

My guy gets it. I’m pretty sure my Gal does, too. But then, they’re both Type Rs.

Finest kind.

3 comments:

  1. The Press (TV version) is now throwing up (deliberate) its version of how things are going in Iraq. There seem to be so many willing to attack Dubya for anything, that he is no longer alone in the "swallow this lie" area.
    Dammit let the soldiers alone. They've got a better front line view than these service-less reporters and politicans do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My Guy Gets It. Does Yours?"

    Need I remind you that my guy is Schumer and my gal is Clinton? That answers that. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie: I thought about putting a disclaimer in the first line of this post...something along the lines of "New Englanders & Californians need not answer the question..." But then there's Lieberman and The Governator. So, I didn't...

    Catmoves: Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.