Thursday, July 05, 2007

Placeholder

So. I stole this from SJBill at The Flight Deck (the kewl adjunct to Lex’s blog) while making the rounds this morning.

I’m pretty sure the term “fusion music” is passé, and in any event, the term originally applied to jazz-rock back in the 70’s or so. But “fusion” was the first word that came to mind when I saw this vid, what with the hip-hop style singing and the Nugent-like speed metal guitar. Not generally My Cuppa, but I sorta like this, and it could grow on me. The subject matter certainly doesn’t hurt any.

Speaking of “hurt”… You know the day isn’t gonna be all that good when the first thing you do… before you even start the coffee… is pop a couple of Aleves. I woke up with intense pain in both legs this morning, reason(s) unknown. The only comfortable position I could assume was standing; I couldn’t sit nor lay down. Comfortably, anyway. And I tried, thinking I’d lie down and stretch out my legs/back until the coffee was done brewing. No dice. So I sorta stood in the kitchen and watched the coffee dribble into the pot, which, of course, brought to mind the ol’ saw about “watched pots” and “boiling,” and all that. But finally the coffee was done. Then the Aleve kicked in about half-way through my first cup. And life looks a bit better now. I’m still at a loss to explain why the pain existed.

Back in a few.

2 comments:

  1. Shouldn't the plural to Aleve be Alive? :)

    The music was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shouldn't the plural to Aleve be Alive? :)

    You should copyright that, Lou. It'd make a great ad! "Aleve! Take two and you feel ALIVE!"

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.