Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Milestone

I’ve been playing around with Site Meter. Again.

What does this mean?

Exile in Portales: December 2005

Wakkanai was a surveillance site, with a (then) state of the art system known as a FLR-12. The FLR-12 had a huge antenna farm. ...

exileinportales.blogspot.com/2005_12_01_archive.html - 551k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

It’s the Google search that resulted in EIP’s 25,000th visitor last night (actually at 0051 hrs, 7/17/2007). All the way from Hessen, Germany. It’s a milestone, of sorts, and at the very least it’s a nice round number. I kinda wish it would have been one of the regulars, ya know.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! As a regular, I wish it was me.

    And post the free ice cream whenever you feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts about radar reminded me of a Tom Bodett (Motel 6 guy) audio essay I have as mp3 at 128K. Could compress it and send as an e-mail at about a 1.5 MB file attachment. You want? It's four minutes long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 25,000 vistitors! I'm impressed. German vistitors at that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Alot of folks gaining useful insight to the world and p-ville!

    ReplyDelete
  5. reese sez: Your posts about radar reminded me of a Tom Bodett (Motel 6 guy) audio essay I have as mp3 at 128K. Could compress it and send as an e-mail at about a 1.5 MB file attachment. You want?

    Sure, send it on, reese...and thanks!

    Just to keep this 25,000 number in perspective: the Big Dogs get that much traffic in an hour (or less).

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes the big dogs do... but Checkers sells more than Chess too.

    It's all a matter of perspective.

    I'm very proud to have you as my father... very lucky too.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.