Wednesday, February 07, 2007

"Is that OS2?" "No! It's Windows 386..."

It just looks like OS2. And…each window has its own virtual 8086 machine, with 640K of memory! Wow!!

If you’re (a) older and (b) been in the tech biz for a while, this is guaranteed to give you nightmares. On the other hand, it’s just plain funny! An official Microsoft ad, this is. One wonders where it ran, because it's seven minutes long. Certainly not on TV... perhaps a promo for corporate IT managers? At any rate, I don't remember it. But then again, I wasn't originally in the "desktop" world. I do remember the old blue-screen, white font MS-Word (for DOS) you see briefly in the ad.

(h/t: Gizmodo)

4 comments:

  1. Pretty funny! Now they just need Jessica Simpson saying in her best Texas accent, "I don't know what it is, but I 'wont' it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou said: ...Jessica Simpson saying in her best Texas accent, "I don't know what it is, but I 'wont' it."

    So THAT'S who that is!! There's this hugely obnoxious ad for cable TV (or maybe satellite, I forget) where this good looking gal kicks this ol' boy's ass in a bar and then goes into her spiel, ending with that quote. I HATE the ad, but the woman is good looking.

    And now you know just how truly ignorant I am.

    ::blush::

    ReplyDelete
  3. I showed Toby the video last night so that he could see how fast our new internet was. It did not work as well as it did for me earlier in the day, but when it was over, Toby said, "Wow, that makes me feel old."

    I hate the ad with Jessica Simpson, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou said: Toby said, "Wow, that makes me feel old."

    That was my FIRST reaction, too. Dang, how time flies!!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.