Friday, October 06, 2006

Overcome by Moonbats

Didja Miss It? I did, and from the looks of things, I’m glad I did. “Miss what?” you ask…

(AP) NEW YORK From longtime activists to toddlers, thousands of protesters clogged streets around the country Thursday to speak against the war in Iraq and the Bush administration.

There’s the AP for ya. “Thousands” of people “clogging” our streets. More like hundreds of former aged hippies wearing clogs hoping for press coverage and a much better turnout. Moonbattery has photos from the NYC event; LGF has coverage and a link to a photo gallery. The usually reliable and oh-so-entertaining ZombieTime in SFO has gone missing; his site was last updated 9/11/2006.

The one thing I take away from the photos? A large number of folks in my generation are a serious embarrassment to the rest of us. Perfect poster children for an anti-drug campaign…you know, “Don’t Do Drugs or You’ll End Up Like THIS!” kinda thing.

Sheesh.

So. I’ve spent the better part of three hours following links from memeorandum this morning, and all it’s done is depress me. More Foley. Way too much Foley, actually. Another seriously-disconnected-from-reality moonbat rant from the Odious Olbermann, with corresponding huzzahs from his moonbat acolytes. “buy more Thank You notes,” indeed. I’ve tried to restrain myself from using the pejorative term “moonbat” over the past few months or so, but dammit, a spade is a spade. Bush Derangement Syndrome is such a debilitating malady, and there’s apparently NO cure. I’m left sitting here, just shaking my head slowly from side to side, speechless. There’s simply no arguing with crazy people, as Mom used to say.

I need a break.

And we’re gearing up for said break. I’m compiling a list of “big-city” things to do while I’m away that includes little items to buy, cuisines to indulge myself in that aren’t available here in the outlands, and a potential habitat scouting trip. I haven’t completely dismissed the thought of leaving P-Town, and this trip is an opportunity to test my willingness and ability to orchestrate the move, should it appear to be desirable and feasible. This is gonna be fun.

Today’s Pic: The Roosevelt County Memorial Building, downtown Portales. Sometime after 0300 hrs, 7/21/2005.

4 comments:

  1. Local news here says there were about 150 people downtown. *shrug* There will be many more than that paying respects to a fallen hero tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me wrong, I like Eastern NM. I've actually been on weekend vacations in Clovis. But why did you choose Portales?

    Have fun in the big city. I really would like to be in SA on the riverwalk drinking margaritas or Tecate and eating some of the best Mexican food in the world. Speaking of good food, I have good friends, that own a steak house in San Marcos called Texas Red's. I believe it is an old cotton gin. Toby and I went to school in SM and Bo was born there - those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou said: I've actually been on weekend vacations in Clovis.

    You're a sick woman, Lou.

    :-)

    Laurie said: Local news here says there were about 150 people downtown. *shrug* There will be many more than that paying respects to a fallen hero tomorrow.

    Thanks for the reality check, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Buck, I nearly spit diet pepsi all over my computer when I burst out laughing.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.