Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Just an Update...

Had to go out to the base this afternoon to pick up a prescription refill and do a little commissary run. My timing was perfect: two F-16s thundered off the runway in full afterburner just as I entered the turn on the perimeter road. In other words, the birds were about 300 feet in front of me and 50 feet overhead. What a glorious noise! And I’ll bet you a dollar to the proverbial doughnut that those Sidewinders on their wing tips were war-shots, and not “blue” rounds. Just sayin’. Dubya is in Crawford, ya know…

Liberal McCarthyism update. There were no Lefty blogs commenting when I put up that link this morning. Well, that’s changed. Forthwith a sampling… Here’s Kos his-own-self:

Where does this "liberal" (ed: Lanny Davis) go and cry about the mean scary bloggers (which he doesn't bother naming, of course)? The right-wing Wall Street Journal.

You go, Kos! (snicker-chuckle-grin)

And here’s one of my favorite twits, Oliver Willis (links removed):

Lanny Davis becomes another voice of the Dem establishment to attack Democrats in the pages of the Wall Street Journal. Whats the deal with these guys? I'm not a big "netroots" triumphalist (no, Virginia, the internet is not the panacea to all that ails), but the ease with which so much of the Dem establishment jumps into the arms of the neo-fascist WSJ editorial pages is pretty indicative of the downward spiral they've put the Democratic party in through their leadership.

“Like Kryptonite to Stupid,” Indeed.

And Digby, from Hullabaloo:

And, make no mistake, Lanny Davis is a Bush fan, just like Joe. He's a frat brother who, just days after the recount was settled, wrote an opportunistic brown nosing op-ed in the NY Times attesting to Bush's good character. (Talk about rubbing salt in the wound. I'll never forgive him for that.)

I, for one, am thrilled to finally have him pitching for a different team than mine. I hope the WSJ gives him a regular spot in the rotation. He only hurts the ball club.

They don’t like Lanny, now do they? Not much on the basic complaint, though, which was the fact the unbalanced-Left (as opposed to, say, run of the mill Democrats) writes and speaks in an intimidating, coarse, rude, and boorish manner. But Lanny? He deserves what he got, near as I can tell from reading these guys.

1 comment:

  1. Arrrrggghhh!!!

    Another JP-4 day for you! Man, as before, I miss that - and the 300x50 fly over!

    Scum! ;)

    (envy-envy-envy)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.