Friday, June 23, 2006

TGIF All Y'All!

Sweet Jesus, Who’s Side Are They On? The New York Times. Again. This time they unveil a classified global financial transaction monitoring program designed to identify al Qaeda operatives by tracking their finances. This program was instrumental in nabbing Riduan Isamuddin, better known as Hambali, believed to be the mastermind of the 2002 bombing of a Bali resort. And they were asked by the government, again, not to publish details about this program in the interest of national security. NRO has conservative comment; as does Hot Air. See memeorandum for links to the Left’s views. I refuse to link to the crap I’ve read on the Left this morning. Yes, I AM questioning their patriotism.

This is not a good way to begin my day. Not good at all.

This is just so much “Inside Tee-Ball,” but it is gossipy, and is seriously unflattering (at best; damning at worst) speculation about real GroupThink on the Left-Side of the blogosphere, perpetrated by one Markos Zúniga. Yep, that Kos, proprietor of the Left’s flagship blog. There’s a tempest in a teapot brewing on the Left at the moment, wherein Jason Zengerle of The New Republic’s blog (The Plank) is accusing Kos of manipulating the Left’s message, a la Karl Rove, and intimidating bloggers who don’t toe the party line. And Kos doesn’t like this accusation at all. Witness:

"Ludicrous, all of it, but that's the new rules of the game. TNR and its enablers are feeling the heat of their own irrelevance and this is how they fight it -- by undermining the progressive movement. Zengerle has made common cause with the wingnutosphere, using the laughable "kosola" frame they created and emailing his "scoops" to them for links. This is what the once-proud New Republic has evolved into -- just another cog of the Vast RIGHT Wing Conspiracy.
If you still hold a subscription to that magazine, it really is time to call it quits. If you see it in a magazine rack, you might as well move it behind the National Review or even NewsMax, since that's who they want to be associated with these days.

He might as well have said “Piss me off, and I’ll tell my millions of minions to cancel their subscriptions to your worthless rag, that’s what I’ll do.” Oh shit, Oh Dear! John Hawkins at Right Wing News has a good summary on this flap and more juicy gossip insight about related dKos matters.
Damn! I love a good food-fight!

No more Mr. Nice Guy…Have you visited Warrant Officer Mike Fay’s blog lately? You should, because Mr. Fay has taken the gloves off. Mr. Fay began by simply posting his art but I think the comments left by various and sundry moonbats knee-jerk Lefties finally got to him. The gloves are off and he’s lobbing more than a few rounds down-range. Good stuff. And Mr. Fay has started another blog, devoted to his non-USMC art. Go visit. (h/t: Laurie)

By the way…Did you know the Air Force is the only service without warrant officers? We used to have them but began eliminating the whole warrant officer structure in 1959 when enlisted grades E-8 and E-9 were created. The last active duty Air Force warrant officer, CWO4 James H. Long, retired in 1980 and the last Air Force Reserve warrant officer, CWO4 Bob Barrow, retired in 1992. Since then, the U.S. Air Force warrant officer ranks, while remaining in existence (per the U.S. Code) have not been used.
I ever-so-briefly entertained the thought of applying for an Army warrant sometime around 1966 or 1967. I actually had the application package in hand and only stopped when I learned Army warrant acquisitions were limited at the time to aviation applicants, specifically helicopter pilots. I couldn’t meet the vision requirements for that program, and it’s probably a good thing.

I have a new love: Edwards Key Lime pie. Damn, it’s good! Not too sweet, not too tart, just about right. Most amazing, for a frozen pie. I used to buy it every so often, in slices, due to limited freezer space. I have since figured out I can eat a whole pie (about 3,600 calories) in three sittings. Me, alone. How decadent.

Big ol’ thunder-boomers, accompanied by lots of rain and God’s Own Light Show, rolled through P-Town last night. I lost my ‘net connection for about 15 minutes, which was predictable, but it came back fairly quickly, which wasn’t predictable at all. We really needed the rain, and it was nice to open up the house after the worst of it was over. Ah! The coolness! The freshness! There’s nothing like the smell of wet earth after a hard rain, nothing. Well, maybe the ocean.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to digest and think (it is much too early)on the serious part of your blog, but I did have to comment on the Edward's Keylime Pie. It is the best! Last summer I bought several - seriously falling off my diet. Now then, when I walk by the freezer section with the pies, I nearly go into withdrawls. You can buy the pies in a two-piece only container - but why?

    We awoke to thunder-boomers this morning, but not nearly enough rain.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.