Monday, May 01, 2006

I’ve About Had It...

…with Blogger. It took me nearly half an hour to put up the post below after numerous errors (something to the effect of “java, no route to host”). Once again, the only way I could post was to delete my Blogger cookies, log in to Blogger anew, and then attempt to post, this time successfully. I should have known something was up when I tried to upload the photo accompanying the post but could not.

I’ve noticed more than a few of the bloggers I read have moved off of Blogger over the past month. It doesn’t appear to be all that hard to do, and I’m seriously considering making the move myself. All that’s stopping me is inertia.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Buck, it's always something with blogger. But what do you mean, to move off of blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problems yesterday afternoon. I just waited until this morning to try and post again. Then just like last time, it published my post five times. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb: I'm still researching options. Blogger is free and I like free. There are other free blogging platforms out there, too. I think "mu.nu" and Wordpress, to name two, are free.

    I hear ya, Lou. I was getting the same sort of indications and wound up deleting two copies of the same post, even though I couldn't see the post, initially. It's frustrating. But ya gets whats ya pays for, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.