Saturday, March 04, 2006

Great.

Watching the WX Channel (on mute) with one eye and reading with the other…then I notice this:

The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for your viewing area until (nothing)

OK… Until? When? Tell me…Tell me! But they don’t, and it’s been ten or 15 minutes now.

Every area has its perils…in Florida, Mississippi, Texas and Louisiana it’s hurricanes, in California and points north it’s earthquakes, the Northeast has its blizzards, and we get tornadoes. You can’t run away from earthquakes or tornadoes, like the ol’ saying goes: they happen. It doesn’t help my peace of mind to be living in a tornado magnet. Nope. Not at all.

1 comment:

  1. Stay safe, Buck. Mississippi get its fair share of tornadoes as well. In Dec 1999, one hit the plant where I work, and two months later, another went right through the pasture behind my house. And we're just getting into tornado season...

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.