Sunday, January 22, 2006

Strange Behavior

I was playing around with my Blogger Template, a dangerous thing to do if you don't know HTML. Or if you don't know what you're doing, in general. I added a "Greatest Hits" section to the sidebar and changed "Links" to "Blogs I Read." Didja notice?

Pretty easy stuff, right? Well, sorta. In the "unexplained occurances" division, I noticed the "Greatest Hits" section appears when I click on the January and December archive links, but NOT when I click on the November archive link. And "Blogs I Read" is still "Links" in the November archives. I'm not gonna fool around with the template any more. The changes I made appear on the current page and in two of three archives. Close enough, I suppose.

Still, it makes me wonder. How can HTML edits only appear in two of three archives? This doesn't compute, logically speaking. I've also thought that since November is the first month of my blog there are no previous archives to reference. Weak, I know. But it's the only thing I can think of. But then again, I'm NOT a coder. Oh, far, far from it!

If either of my readers have any ideas, I'm ALL ears. I want things to work right. I'm also something of a perfectionist, a curse I've had to endure all my life. It is what it is, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.