Monday, January 02, 2006

And Today It's FOOTBALL!

Currently watching Texas Tech and Bama; Bama leads 7-3 with 11 seconds left in the first half. I have a tenuous connection to Tech, my step-granddaughter attended Tech last year before transferring to a New Mexico college.

But my BIG interest is the Fiesta Bowl: ND vs. Ohio State. Ohio State is a 4½-point favorite.
ND coach Weis sez that's baloney:
"We're no underdog," he said. "We got two great football teams. I don't worry about underdog, point spread, those things are irrelevant to me. You have two teams that both have an equal chance of winning."
Agreed. I think ND will win by a touchdown. ND, by all rights, should be playing in the Rose Bowl, since they came oh-so-close to beating USC this year. And it was CLOSE. But, coulda-shoulda-woulda...it is what it is.

And now I'll get back to the game at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.