Saturday, December 10, 2005

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

I occasionally get frustrated with small-town life. Case in point: The recent cold snap awakened a strong desire in me to whip up a big batch of an old family favorite, Navy Bean Soup. Aside from being tasty as all get-out, the place just smells so good while that pot o' soup simmers on the stove for eight hours.

So I went shopping yesterday and picked up all the necessary ingredients except one: smoked ham hocks. Believe it or don't, there are no ham hocks in all of Portales, including the Cannon AFB commissary.

I'm pretty sure I could find ham hocks over in Clovis. But do I really want to drive 40 miles round-trip just to fix a pot of beans? Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.