Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Random Notes

Today was errand day...Post Office, Laundry, some miscellaneous shopping. A couple of observations:

Post Office: I had to buy some two cent stamps, coz the USPS apparently isn't making enough money so first class rates go up by two cents the first of the year. I noticed a poster on the wall at the Post Office, advertising "Holiday" stamps. One can buy Hanukkah stamps, Kwanzaa stamps, and stamps featuring "Holiday Cookies." No Christmas stamps, however. None. I asked about Christmas stamps and got a glare and a shrug in reply, as in "don't go there." Something's wrong with this picture.

Laundromat: One of the downsides of living in an RV is no washer and dryer. Other downsides are no dishwasher and a ridiculously small fridge, but I digress. Of all the things I gave up by "going mobile," I think I miss my washer and dryer the most. Today's outing featured the usual Ritalin-deprived small children terrorizing the place, a couple of VERY large women, and the interminable dry-cycle. The cost of laundry has gone up, too. It now costs $1.75 to activate a standard washer, $3.50 for the Industrial Strength Machines; well over ten bucks to do my laundry, all told. I hate laundromats. Flipping hate them!

I think I need to re-think my position on entering into another relationship...


  1. More likely those kids are parental discipline deprived, as so many are these days.

  2. You're absolutely right, Becky. They were discipline deprived. I was being sarcastic when I said Ritalin; too many parents drug their kids these days rather than take the time and spend the energy to instill discipline.

    But then again, I was in a laundromat. ;-)


Just be polite... that's all I ask.