Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Penultimate Acceptable Bigotry

The Anchoress has a post up on one of my favorite topics: Liberal Intolerance. I've been going on about this subject for at least five years now, or about 20 minutes after I arrived in San Francisco back in the summer of 2000. My "Summer of Un-Love." It just seems SO strange to me that the same people who wave rainbow flags, speak lovingly of "inclusion" and multiculturalism, and go out of their way to demonstrate tolerance, are the very first to pillory (or worse) anyone who disagrees with their philosophy, even one of their own.

The Anchoress notes this phenomenon occurs on both sides of the wire, and she's right. But I'll submit it's a helluva lot more prevalent on the Left.

Inquiring minds probably want to know why I think this is the "penultimate" bigotry. Because it's OK for everyone to look down on these folks. Oops! Damn. Victimhood. But tis a 'nuther story.

via Dr. Sanity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask.