Friday, January 06, 2012

No Purée Today

We'll raise our first beer today in honor of New Mexico's centennial.  New Mexico was the 47th state admitted to the union... which happened on this day back in 1912.  So, we're (ahem) 100 years young... today!  I shall drink a Santa Fe Nut Brown Ale (or two), which only seems right and proper, no? 

Fun fact:  did you know the lowest point in New Mexico is 2817 feet (859 m) above sea level?  S' true, that.  I do believe we're the only state in the union that's officially bi-lingual, too.  More fun NM stuff here.

―:☺:―


Note the highlighted bits above.  Apparently the NHL LIES, coz I trundled off to take the survey and was told "nevermind, Geezers may NOT respond" after the survey asked me my age and gender.  Or words to that effect.  Well, F*ck you too, NHL.

―:☺:―

Beer me!  On the verandah!

5 comments:

  1. 2800+ feet above sea level? That's a pretty decent *mountain pass* elevation 'round these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why, but that made me giggle out loud...

    The highest point in the State of Louisiana is "Mt. Driskill." Seriously, they call it a "Mt." I think it's about 530 ft. elevation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgive them. They know not of their loss.

    Moogie's Mansion sits on dirt that's 8 feet above sea level and we sometimes get fainty from the rarefied air upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Officially bi-lingual"?! What the heck does that mean in a nation that has no official language?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inno: That may be true but you also have Mt. Hood.

    Andy: I'm glad I made ya smile.

    Moogie: Just be careful climbing the stairs, OK?

    Lou: The nation may not have an official language but NM has one... err... two.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask.